Monday, 21 January 2008

Test scrapbook

Right, I downloaded paint.net.

You go to Google, type in paint.net then download it.

I opened up paint.net, inserted the pic of Pye, opened the plopper, which I emailed to our blogging email address and saved to my new folder.
Then I cropped the pic of Pye, and inserted it into the plopper. Which I saved as a jpeg of course.

And you have to resize it before you save it or it saves as a huge file.

We keep two copies of each picture we make. One in large size for printing, and one I resize to 500, for putting up onto a blog or for emailing.




OK, here are the instructions again, that I just emailed to a blogging friend in Sydney:

Step one, download the paint.net

http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

The download button is on the top right of the page.

Then download the plopper attachment called Little Angel - it's in the email, can you get it?

- open paint.net
- go to file, go to open and insert the pic you are going to use. An up and down rectangular shaped one will be best for this.
- look on the left at the top for a box of tools marked tools. Click on the one on the top left hand corner that says Rectangle select. Use it to make a box around the cat in the pic to make it into a rectangle and to make it just how you want it.
- made a mistake? Go to edit and click on undo.
- go up to image and crop selection. Now you have cropped your pic.
- remember the "go to edit and click on undo."
- now go to file, go to open and get your Little Angel plopper
- look at the top right hand corner. You have your cat pic, and the plopper in two thumbnails tiny pics. Click on your cat pic. Go to the rectangle select tool again and select or highlight, your cat pic. Go up to edit and down to copy.
- go across to the top right and click on the thumbnail of the Little Angel plopper.
-go to edit and click on paste. Now you have the cat pic in the plopper pic. Drag it into the frame. Then drag it some more until it fits.

Go up to image and resize it to 500. It will have 2400 highlighted. Just type in 500 over the top of where it is highlighted. Then press OK.

Go up to file and save it as whatever...

You can then insert it into your blog!

0 comments: