As I was walking along the dusty banks of the River Nile, I saw the great pyramids of Egypt.
I walked beside them and thought how the awsome pharaohs would feel that they were used as a tourist attraction and what they would think the pyramids would be in the future.
I leave the pyramids and find the Great Sphinx of Egypt.
Its body looked so magnificent while crouching like a lion.
No nose.
Napoleon blew it off and it has been the same flat, rough nose ever since.
No beard.
It dropped off and is now shown in a nearby museum.
The Cairo Museum.
I keep on walking.
I see the vast dusty plains of the desert and wish I had brought a scarf with me for the strong winds of the desert are too much for me.
What's new pussycats?
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment