Tuesday, 20 November 2007

The ghastly, gross boy

I walked along the straight, smooth path to the green park. My eyes gazed at the drifts of pink and prickly roses planted in neat straight rows.


All at once I saw a ghastly, and gross boy looking rather sadly at a horrid, crashed bicycle. I asked him if he needed any help. He just turned away and walked off and disappeared up the wavy path.


I followed, but he just kept walking. Then we came to a lovely, green garden bed, with marvellous pink and white roses all around us; the grass was very green. I asked him why he was so sad and all he said was in a soft voice, nearly crying... "That was my bicycle."


"Oh," I said. "I didn't realise that was yours. I followed you because I didn't know if you were OK or not, and you are clearly not all right."


"So, do you know the way out of this place?" the boy said.


"Well, I do know quite a good way," I said


"So what is it?" asked the boy.


"All we do is retrace our steps down the wavy path and back to the green park. Do you think that's a good idea? Because, I think that is the only way. Unless there is a short cut," I answered.


"OK," said the boy, "lets try that and if that dosn't work we try another way."


We reached the green park. Once more it was filled with lovely flowers and green grass. But now it was Spring so all the leaves started to fall down.


"We were gone for one whole day?" said the boy.


"Yes," I said, "and it was a lot of fun too!"


0 comments: