Sunday, 18 November 2007

homework time week 4


Maths

There were two boys and five chicken wings. How many chicken wings each and how many left over? 2 each and 1 left over.

If I had six computers and three got stolen how many computers do I have now? You have 3 computers.

If there were ten children and five other children came how many children? 15 children.
If there were fifty paper clips and six were used, how many are left? 44 paper clips.


There were seven hamburgers and five were eaten, how many left? 2 hamburgers.


There were twelve dogs at the pound and six were bought, how many dogs were left? 6 dogs are at the pound.

There were fourteen pencils and twelve broke, how many pencils are left? You would have 2 pencils.


There are eleven lizards and seven were eaten by a bird, how many lizards are left? 4 lizards are left.


I had seventy tennis balls and twenty were taken by a random dog, how many tennis balls left? 50 tennis balls.


There were fifty gloves and thirty-seven got ripped, how many gloves left? 13 gloves are left.


THRASS

Pyewacket

curly

customize

can't

care

can

camouflage

computers

came
come
coming
car
cancer
cabernet
can
computer

croud
cloud

cat

screen

My pet cat likes to look at the clouds, she also likes to look at the screen on the computer. Can she, my little cat open the door of a cabinet? My cat's friend's car broke down. She offen comes to our house to play with my kitten.

My dog Pyewacket is very curly, she can't even customize herself, she doesn't care for anyone else apart from her mother who feeds her from a can!

One day Pyewacket's mother was leaving to go to work. She sat on her dog like she was a chair. Gosh! She was very camouflaged! She came to think coming to this world with computers was a big mistake!

Technology - This is my so called "clicker"



Books for the week



All about Patterns
At the North Pole

Poetry

I had withdrawn in forest, and my song
Was swallowed up in leaves that blew away;
And to the forest edge you came one day
(this was my dream) and looked and pondered long,
But did not enter, though the wish was strong:
You shook your pensive head as who should say,
"I dare not--too far in his footsteps stray--
He must seek me would he undo the wrong."
Not far, but near, I stood and saw it all,
Behind low boughs the trees let down outside;
And the sweet pang it cost me not to call
and tell you that I saw does still abide.
But 'tis not true that thus I dwelt aloof,
For the wood wakes, and you are here for proof.
-- Robert Frost