Monarch Butterfly Word Bank
cocoon
butterfly
orange
wings
caterpillar
Monarch
insect
beautiful
flying
egg
patterns
flight
crunchy
Use all these words in a paragraph of writing.
The beautiful Monarch butterfly had just come out of his cocoon. It was flying very high in the sky. Its wings were had a really nice orange and black pattern.
There was a caterpillar crawling alone on a branch, the Monarch butterfly came down to company the caterpillar."Your flight was wonderful, I wish I could do that!" said the caterpillar. "Thanks," said the Monarch butterfly, and ate a crunchy leaf, "I use to be a egg, and then I turned into a caterpillar, and now I'm a butterfly,""Does that mean you're an insect like me?" asked the caterpillar excitedly "Yes I'm a insect," said the Monarch butterfly feeling a bit board.
Extension Maths: Movie's Class
There are exactly twelve children in Movie's class. Only four of the children are boys. The following questions refer to a time when all the children are present in the class. There are no visitors in the class. There might be more than one correct answer to a question.
1. Which of the lettered statements must be true?
2. Which of the lettered statements cannot be true?
3. Which of the lettered statements could be true or not true?
a. There are twice as many girls as boys in Movie's class.
b. There are eight more girls than boys in Movie's class.
c. There are four more girls than boys in Movie's class.
d. If Movies is sitting at a table with all the girls, there are exactly nine children at that table.
e. If only three of the boys are standing on their heads, one of the boys is not standing on his head.
The THRASS sound is 'ur' as in fur. Write out six words with this sound. Use some of them in a descriptive sentence.
turn
furry
purring
burning
turning
turned
At the end of our street there is a turn you have to take, my dad was turning there once and he turned straight into a street light.
Once I sat on a furry cat, the cat was purring. I like that cat so I got of him and sat near the hot burning fire.
Ozymandias
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
'Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
By Percy Bysshe Shelley
Write out this poem and learn some of it off by heart.
Years 5 and 6 (and extension students), give a description of its meaning.
I think that they are lost in a desert and can't find their way out.
What's new pussycats?
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment